Homeowners Insurance in Nampa, ID
If your home is damaged or destroyed, you could be responsible for costly out-of-pocket expenses that could leave you with no place to live. Homeowners insurance can provide financial protection for you and your family when the unexpected happens.
Let us help. Contact Idaho Insurance Brokers in Nampa, Idaho, to learn about our homeowners insurance coverage and to get started with a homeowners insurance quote today.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance, also called home insurance, is a legally binding agreement between you and your insurer. You will pay premiums to your insurance company in exchange for the promise that they will pay for covered losses, up to your policy limits.
How Does Homeowners Insurance Work?
Your insurance company will determine the cost of your premiums by considering many factors of your home (e.g., location, type of home, coverage amounts). If you’re financing your home, your mortgage lender may require your first year of homeowner’s insurance premiums upfront. After that, you may be able to choose to pay your premiums monthly, quarterly or annually, depending on your insurer.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Although individual home insurance policies may vary, here are some common home insurance coverages:
- Personal liability coverage can help cover costs (e.g., legal fees, medical bills) arising from claims that you caused third-party property damage or bodily injury.
- Dwelling coverage can help pay for damage to the structure of your home due to a covered peril.
- Other structures coverage can help cover costs to repair or replace additional structures on your property (e.g., fences, gazebos) due to a covered peril.
- Additional living expenses can help pay for your expenses (e.g., hotel stays, meals) if you have to vacate your home temporarily due to a covered loss.
- Personal property coverage can help pay for your personal belongings if they’re damaged or destroyed by a covered loss.
Is Home Insurance Required?
Home insurance is not mandated by law, but many mortgage lenders will require it for you to receive a loan. Even when it’s not required, you may choose to purchase a home insurance policy for financial protection.
How Do I Buy Homeowners Insurance?
At Idaho Insurance Brokers, we’re committed to getting you the protection you need. Contact us today for a homeowners insurance quote and to learn more about our home insurance policies.